Saturday, April 11, 2009

the start of something new

Dear blog,

This is the first time I ever did something like this. I've always enjoyed reading other peoples blogs, but I never thought of creating one of my own. I normally don't like sharing my own thoughts with others because I'm afraid they'll just get a big laugh out of it. When I was younger, around eleven I believe, I started writing diary entries on my very first Blue Bear stationary booklet. There I spilled all the things that were going through my mind at the time. Every little thing I did, every guy I liked, every emotions I felt. It was something meaningful I did when I was stuck home with only the television to keep me company. I was never really a big fan of watching TV, so instead I started to pour out my thoughts on paper. I still have this Blue Bear booklet and read it once in a while. I've written on every leaf, front and back, and filled it with nonsense. I would laugh at the stupid things I wrote. My handwriting in the beginning was disgusting and big, but throughout the years it got better and smaller. I didn't finish writing on it until two years ago; it took me six years. You're probably wondering how big this book is. Well, it's not that big. It just took me a long time. I didn't write in it everyday, even though I tried, rather I wrote in it every few months. My experiences from when I was eleven until I was seventeen was written all over that book. Ever since I haven't had the chance to start writing on a new book which saddens me because I liked keeping a diary. It was the one thing anyone couldn't take from me. My very own life written in bounded stationary. This is why I started blogging because it's like a diary, but modernized. Since I'm on my lap top all the time, I mind of as well make better use of it.

Did I mention I was on my spring break. Well I am. I don't really have any big plans, but I am going to the Poconos for two days next week. I'm excited. Last time I went there I went with three of my girl friends and had the best time. This time I'm going with a different group of people, a much larger and more interesting group, that's why I can't wait because I know this time it's going to be so much better.

Well I'm about done with my first blog. Sorry for my grammar, I'm not really good with it. It's a good thing I'm majoring in Nursing and not English. I'll try to update this everyday, which may be highly unlikely considering it took me six years to finish my stationary booklet. But, yea until next time :)

Sincerely,
Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment